It is our job as teachers to make the world come alive.
Within, you will find a forum for sharing ideas on how to make that a reality.

2.16.2009

Teaching Psychology

I teach a course on psychology and know there are nearly limitless topics we could pursue, but also know that I cannot think of them all. That is where you all come in. Did you take psychology? Are you a psychology guru? Do you simply have a good idea? Put your "I'm a student" shoes on and answer this question: What topics do you think would be awesome?

Here are some ideas to get your brain warmed up:
*Male-Female interaction
*Phobias and Anxieties
*Addiction
*Love

The floor is yours...

5 comments:

  1. Male-female relationships. . . it seems to be that young adults are healthier in their relationships than we were at that age. We did not enjoy friendships as deep as I see you having with members of the opposite sex. While it may lead to a certain coarseness (a lot of niceties depend on the traditional female-male stereotypical roles) in our society, it has contributed to better understanding bewtween teh sexes and much more mutual trust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the misspelled words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting observation that I have heard before and, from personal experience and a reading of history, is something that strikes me as accurate.

    Any topic ideas Sharon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree....I would focus on societal expectations from each sex and the challenges of meeting these expectations and what happens when one falls short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zachary,
    I feel it was very interesting for me to learn about the "health psych" topic. Obviously, I am a health and science nerd so it was interesting to me... but I think it has some great benefits, especially today with all the drugs (both over the counter and prescription drugs) as well as drugs used to "cure" ADD/ADHD, cancer, and so on.

    ReplyDelete