It is our job as teachers to make the world come alive.
Within, you will find a forum for sharing ideas on how to make that a reality.

3.06.2009

Films

I want to incorporate films into my curriculum, but not being a movie buff I do not have good ideas. Help!


1) What films could I use for government/civics class? Any level of government would be fine. I'm looking for anything that can legally be shown to high schoolers and does a good job of highlighting the role of government in daily lives, foreign affairs, the economy, law enforcement, etc. The list is long!

2) What films could I use for psychology? "A Beautiful Mind" has been mentioned to me, but what else? I'm sure there are MANY, but I don't know what they are. If you know a film that you think is great and could be the centerpiece of a unit, let me know!

3 comments:

  1. Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind, Gattaca, Fight Club, Momento, The Cell...of course...most would only be appropriate in small portions. *for pscyhology*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember trying to watch Gattaca and hating it. What's the deal with my memory here? Thanks for all the tips Ninja Master!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a professor who had us watch Memento also, although I think it was for a Philosophy course?? Not sure how it related but it was interesting. My psych prof also showed us clips from 50 First Dates, basically only to show the simplification and errors in the movie's take on Short Term Memory...something like that.

    ReplyDelete